Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
- Smart speaker sales grew 103% last year
Jan 11, 2018 by Greg Sterling
The virtual assistant devices became the fastest selling consumer technology last year, dramatically outpacing wearables and VR.
- Advanced Ad Targeting Strategies for AdWords, Facebook and Display
Jan 11, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join our ad-targeting experts for a crash course in the newest strategies for digital ad targeting. Using these strategies, brand marketers and agencies can improve the cross-channel customer experience, optimize ROI, reacquire customers and grow revenue. Attend this webinar and learn how to: target consumers with the right message at the right time with the […]
- SEO trends and Google changes to expect in 2018
Jan 11, 2018 by Pratik Dholakiya
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya explores current search trends and speculates on where the industry might be headed in 2018.
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- New report: The Internet of Things and blockchain tech are made for each other
- 46% of Prime members say they buy on Amazon at least once a week
- 7 B2B marketing strategies you need to know
- AdSense rolls out ad balance optimization tool for publishers
- The top 3 retail strategies that dominated the holiday season
- 2018 mobile marketing predictions from 18 industry veterans
- What are you putting on the front burner? B2B marketing predictions and recommendations for 2018
Search News From Around The Web:
- Are Writers Expected to Do SEO? New WordPress SEO Tools to Support Content Writers, Bruce Clay
- Google gets tough, and a notorious garage door company suffers, saving potential customers big overcharges, Dallas News
- Google Says URLs In Sitemap Often Used As Determining The Canonical URL, Search Engine Roundtable
- 9 Predictions for SEO in 2018, Moz
- Analysis and Findings From The December 2017 Google Algorithm Updates, GSQI
- Changes to Ad Grants – What charities need to know, Hallam Internet
- Dear Google (GOOG): Please stop using my advertising dollars to monetize hate speech, Quartz
- Google Promotes eSports with Google Search Features & Carousels, The SEM Post
- How to Choose the Best Links for Outreach Campaigns – Detailed Guide, Search Engine People
- New Google Search Console Adds More Comparison Filters, Search Engine Roundtable
About The Author
Barry Schwartz Barry Schwartz is Search Engine Land's News Editor and owns RustyBrick, a NY based web consulting firm. He also runs Search Engine Roundtable, a popular search blog on very advanced SEM topics. Barry can be followed on social media at @rustybrick, +BarrySchwartz and Facebook. For more background information on Barry, see his full bio and disclosures, click over here.