Below is what happened in search today, as reported on Search Engine Land and from other places across the web.
From Search Engine Land:
Oct 3, 2017 by Pauline Jakober
Paid search can be difficult in competitive industries where CPCs are higher than average, but columnist Pauline Jakober believes it’s still possible to succeed with the right tactics.
Oct 3, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The scope and feature list of the open-source project continue to expand.
Oct 3, 2017 by Daniel Gilbert
Ever spent hours and days trawling through an AdWords account in an effort to unearth actionable insights? Columnist Daniel Gilbert shares a script that will give you a shortcut to potentially useful key phrases.
Oct 3, 2017 by Jim Yu
Contributor Jim Yu uses the SMART framework to prescribe a formula for SEO and content marketing success.
Oct 3, 2017 by Sponsored Content: CallTrackingMetrics
AMP isn’t quite a household acronym yet, but it has big implications for virtually everyone with web access. The Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project, the brainchild of Google announced just two years ago, is already impacting millions of users’ experience. And it’s growing fast. The downside — arguably a temporary one — is that not […]
Oct 3, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
As many as three-quarters of website visitors abandon their shopping carts, and nearly 50 percent bounce from your site. Wouldn’t it be great if you could “read” your website visitors’ body language while they are browsing – and better understand which visitors to profitably engage with and what they need to make those purchases? Think […]
Recent Headlines From Marketing Land, Our Sister Site Dedicated To Internet Marketing:
- 10 AdWords copywriting hacks
- Swimming up(bid)stream
- Why your social media audience is critical for content marketing
- ESL’s CMO focuses brand refresh on the esports company’s compelling founding story
- Tracking the Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Project
Search News From Around The Web:
- Facebook is sharing data with Google as it reviews potential Russian meddling in the 2016 election, Recode
Local & Maps
- Google Maps Mixups That Prove You Can’t Trust Technology, JetSet
- Link reclamation: how to find mentions you can turn into links, Builtvisible
- Google Algorithm Fail Shows Readers Must Fact-Check News, As With Las Vegas Massacre 10/02/2017, MediaPost
- Ask Yoast: www or no www?, Yoast
- First Click Free is Dead, but is its Replacement Really any Better for Publishers?, Distilled
- Google Says No Changes On Use Of Image Meta Data, Search Engine Roundtable
- How Long Before My Site Ranks in Google?, SearchRank
- How to Hack Your Way to the Top of Competitive SERPs, Search Engine Journal
- Log File Analysis for SEO: Here’s Why It’s Essential, Stone Temple
- Serving Different Title Tags To GoogleBot & GoogleBot Mobile, Search Engine Roundtable
- Staying Up To Date with Google‘s Algorithm Updates #semrushchat, SEM Rush
SEM / Paid Search
- 2017 Holiday Win List, Merkle
- Make Your AdWords Call-Only Ads Stand Out, Search Engine People
- How to Make Existing Web Pages Searcher-Intent Focused, Pole Position Marketing